Friday, January 17, 2014

Field Trip and a Job.




We had the entire rink to ourselves for almost an hour.  The 12:30 dismissal from school today gave us enough time for a field trip to the  EWU rink  before basketball practice.  I claim the title of Field Trip Mom with pride. 

It wasn't the best of times or the word of times, it was just a slice of time that I spent with my little crew.  We came home smiling and hungry, indicating a successful day. 
.
.
.

I was offered the Speech Pathologist position I applied for, and if the numbers line up properly I will start next week.  I will work on site two days a week and work from home a third day.  This will be a big change for our family, especially considering the 90-minute commute.   

I must be patient with the process, just like everything, I suppose.  

There's a whole chunk of grey matter inside my skull that is already buzzing...it's been asleep for a while.  I'm just hoping all the dendrites are still aligned correctly. 







3 comments:

Jubilant Johnsons said...

Congratulations on your new job! Very exciting new adventure. I'm sure you will be fabulous.

Dr. Mommy said...

My favorite part of my commute in the week is NPR again. I never get to listen to it with kids- and I typically spend at least an hour each way in the car to work on Fridays. So it's back (but I miss Science Friday...)

Congratulations! I'm so freaking excited for you!!!

Corinne Baird said...

Congratulations!!!! And what an awesome excuse to spend 90 minutes in quiet solitude. : )