And so July is almost over.
When school is first over for the summer I look into the months and weeks and days and hours and minutes and seconds ahead of us and seriously wonder if we will make it out alive.
But here we are, more than half way through the summer and we are....
Also very wet.
Yes. Very wet. Since a grand total of 75% of my children are on the swim team this year (and the remaining 25% has accessed the power of her ginger spirit and figured out swimming so as not to be outdone by the others) we find ourselves dripping wet and smelling of chlorine almost every day. In fact, even on the days we don't get in the pool we've discovered that if we lick our arms and smell them we still smell like the pool. Yay science!
The fact that they are all swimming independently means that I can now choose for myself whether I wish to be wet or dry. Imagine! A pool side coke and a good book while the children get a good healthy dose of H2O and Vitamin D. Life is good, I say. Very good.